Monday, March 2, 2015

Commenting Review Week

I have made a few connections in the class! As the semester goes on I am returning to people's blogs and getting to know them and their writing styles better. I think repeat interactions are the key to creating connections. Maybe, make our storytelling commenting groups the same every week (and assign us one random one on top of a standard two), that way we can see each other progress and really get to interact with each other on a weekly basis, while also experiencing other people's writing styles. The introductions help as well. You could also add an extra credit option where you get some extra credit if you and another person comment on three of each others post and respond to at least one of their comments about your writing. My project comments have been suuuuuper useful. I do not use my storytelling ones as much but they do encourage me in my writing. When I leave a short comment, I focus on the big picture. What I liked most and what I liked least. When I have a longer comment, I will focus on the more minute details of the story. I make a lot of comments in other classes, but it is a different kind of class, more science-based.


Image Source

2 comments:

  1. Marielle, I love the idea of making commenting groups the same every week or even every couple of weeks. I think that would enable me to make connections much better because I really feel like I haven’t made many connections with my classmates. Maybe I am alone in this but I just feel like I know people’s blogs but not them because I haven’t had a chance to revisit many people over the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meme you posted caught my eye! Pretty funny. I completely agree with you on repeating interactions. However, like you stated, I think it is important to still get a variety. I would hate if someone or myself got put in a group with someone who might not put as much effort into their writing. I like your idea of extra credit where we could respond to comments that have been left for us. I thought about doing that at the beginning of the class just out of curtesy, but I quickly realized how much more unnecessary work that I would create for myself by doing so.

    ReplyDelete