Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Reading Diary B: Kailasa's Beauty

Oh, would I love to live in Kailasa! I do not think I could have the strength of the Pandava brothers and move on from such a place. Especially if Hanuman guards it! I adore Hanuman as a character, and he is every bit as mischievous in The Mahabharata as he was in The Ramayana. Buck describes Kailasa as having waterfalls that fall into streams of coral and ruby, elephants and swans and red geese, silver and fire red and molten gold trees. This is the most beautiful description of a place I have ever read, and if I had been wandering for years this is where I would reside. A pond with lotuses with a thousand petals each would just be the icing on the cake.

marble Hanuman carving at Swaminarayan temple in Bhuj
Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment