Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week

Looking back over my reading diaries, I have to say that honestly I do not really take notes actively while I was reading either version of The Ramayana. These stories are so vivid and interesting that I stay engaged without note-taking, and the scenes from that week's reading stay fresh enough in my mind that I am able to write about them just by referring to my book. I have only read a few fables and The Ramayana so far, but I really enjoyed it. I liked the sequence of the books. Starting off with the shorter more concise one and then working into a longer and more descriptive one was a good decision. It allowed me to appreciate the rich details in Buck's version. The Reading Diaries do not remind me of scenes I have forgotten per-say, but they do remind me of reactions I have that I no longer remember. That is beneficial to me. I used to read a lot for pleasure, unfortunately I do not have the time anymore. The reading in this class has been like pleasure reading to me. It does not feel forced and it certainly does not seem like I am reading a textbook. I am not a computer-reader, I am old fashioned and like the feel of a book. So if you proceed with the Un-Textbook, I would still offer resources so that future students may purchase a paper copy if they choose. I know that is the option I would prefer.


This is one of my favorite pictures. It pictures a scene that does not get a whole lot of renderings. I also like all the emotion in it.
Image Source

1 comment:

  1. I am not much of a reader but when I do read, I prefer hard-copies, even for text-books. It is so easy to get distracted when you are reading something on an electronic device. Also, I love everyone's emotional expressions in the picture. I love how detailed it is.

    ReplyDelete